FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze at the home of Sugar Hut boss Mick Norcross.
Former The Only Way is Essex star, and Mick's son, Kirk took to Twitter after the fire to thank firefighters for "saving his life" after they rescued him.
The 24-year-old woke to find a fire had broken out in the bathroom of his Dad's Bulphan home yesterday afternoon and attempted to tackle it himself.
Firefighters were called to the house at 2.50pm and they gave Kirk oxygen treatment after he suffered from the effects of smoke inhalation.
Kirk added on Twitter: "Got woke up to my Dad's house on fire. Tried my best to put it out.
"Thanks Mr fireman for saving my life."
TOWIE star Mick said: "Thanks for the support regarding the fire at my home.
"Not good coming home to smoke out the roof."
Later he added: "Thanks again for the support, at least no one was hurt. Only material, it can all be fixed."
Tony Clark, assistant divisional fire officer, said: "The fire appears to have been started accidentally by a pile of towels stacked on a shelf too close to a down-lighter in the ceiling.
"The man had inhaled some smoke and was given oxygen therapy by firefighters and then checked over by ambulance crews.
"By the time we left the scene he seemed to be OK."
The fire was contained to the bathroom of Mick's detached house.
Firefighters used a powered saw and axes to cut away the ceiling to make sure no hot-spots remained in the roof void.