BRENTWOOD Town rounded off a successful Bank Holiday weekend with a 2-1 victory over Redbridge at Oakside.

Sherwin Stanley put the Blues ahead early in the first-half and Robbie Rees doubled their advantage just before the break.

Daniel Charge scored in second-half stoppage-time for the hosts but it proved to be little consolation as Brentwood picked up four points from a possible six over the long weekend.

Blues bosses Adam Flanagan and Danny Dafter made three changes to the side that earned a point against Thamesmead Town on Saturday.

Callum Webb and Jason Dobbs came into the team alongside Jack Gardner who made his first appearance since injuring his thigh on the opening day of the season.

The match was played under a torrential downpour but the Blues coped well with Stanley and Courtney White looking particularly threatening up front.

In the sixth minute Redbridge goalkeeper Mark Parker did well to deny White but there was no stopping Stanley who gave Brentwood the lead a minute later.

The striker beat the offside trap and curled a delicate shot beyond Parker and in at the far post, his first goal since returning for a third stint at the club.

Brentwood went close to scoring a quickfire second either side of a good opportunity for Redbridge’s Joe Gent, before a moment of controversy at Oakside.

White chased a long pass forward and was first to the ball, only to be brought down by Parker. The challenge looked to have happened inside the box but the referee saw it differently and awarded Brentwood a free-kick and the 'keeper a yellow card.

Gardner stepped up and fired the set-piece narrowly wide but the Blues soon extended their lead.

Tyron Thomas challenged Stanley in the box but the defenders’ clearance fell kindly to Rees who stroked the ball home from eight yards.

The rain worsened at the beginning of the second-half but that didn’t deter Brentwood who started the half in similar fashion to the first.

Gardner struck the underside of the crossbar with a thunderous free-kick just three minutes in and later Rees and White both went close to scoring a third for Brentwood.

But it was Redbridge who scored next with virtually the last kick of the match as Charge slotted home from close range, but it was too little, too late for the hosts.

The win moves Brentwood up to 15th in the league but their attention now turns to the FA Cup as they host Potters Bar Town at The Arena on Saturday.

Brentwood: Bowles, Gardner, Baucutt, Stokes (C), O’Rawe, Webb, Dobbs (Mbulu 81’), Dafter, White, Stanley (Akrofi 68’), Rees (Bantick 66’).

Unused subs: Ngandu, Alaile.