A MAN who worked as bar doorman has had his licence revoked amid a murder investigation.

The Vine, High Street, Brentwood has also had its licence suspended earlier this month after Essex Police applied for a review.

It follows the death of Paul Wallington, 25, who died after being involved in a fight outside the venue on Christmas Eve.

He died on December 29 as a result of a head injury.

A 29-year-old man from Basildon who was arrested on suspicion of Mr Wallington’s murder remains on bail until March 25.

The man was employed as a door supervisor at the time of the incident.

Following his arrest, the Security Industry Authority suspended his licence while investigation continues.

A sub-committee of Brentwood Council’s licensing committee has now decided to revoke the bar’s licence following a full hearing on Wednesday.

The venue has 21 days to appeal and cannot sell alcohol or provide regulated entertainment until an appeal has been heard before a magistrates’ court.

Lewis Basford, Brentwood district commander, said: “We made representations that the management of The Vine had been inadequate, as evidenced by a number of failures to adhere to its licensing conditions.

“The sub-committee’s decision shows we and our partners will take robust action against those who aren’t meeting their legal responsibilities.”

Mr Wallington was taken to Queens’s Hospital in Romford but sadly died.

The inquest into Mr Wallington’s death heard a post mortem examination was carried out which identified a provisional cause of death as head injuries pending further investigation.

The inquest was adjourned for mention on February 4, with a date for the full inquest not being set due to active criminal proceedings.

After the murder investigation was announced tributes were paid to the “much-loved son, brother and grandson”.

A family statement said: “We are devastated at the loss of our beloved son, Paul.

“He was a happy and loving son.

“He enjoyed spending time at home with his family, especially his nephews and nieces.

“Paul is a much loved son, brother and grandson.2 The statement added: “We would ask that at this time we are left in peace to grieve as a family.”

Police are still tracking witnesses who saw the incident at the bar.

Anyone with information should call 101.